Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blanket Fort Musings.



Good morning! 
In the movie of our lives, she would be played by
Miss Williams while I would be played by
Claire Danes. We decided.
My house is a little messy today, but its only 8:35am and I'm already running the dishwasher so thats a step in the right direction, I suppose. I have Bon Iver playing full blast and its chilly and sunny outside. I've sent all my Christmas Cards out like a real grown up, & I didn't even have to ask anyone for their addresses, because for the most part, I already got 'em. Tomorrow I may see my Best Friend from San Francisco, as she has made her yearly pilgrimage to Southern California. I haven't seen her in two years, since our 10 year high school reunion and before that when we bought very expensive tickets to huge concert in LA (much to my Ex's surprise) to see Florence + the Machine and Brandon Flowers.
I just got a call from Jim telling me to not look at anything that UPS might bring today, and the teenage boy with the curly mad mop of hair just walked by, like he does everyday, on his way to school. 
Wrapping is my holiday Zen.
These holidays, however stressful as they are because of work, are going well. They are going well, though I have to say - I maaaay have gone a little crazy with gifts for the Boy, after agreeing upon only three, I somehow collected over twenty.

Shopping last Sunday for servingware & centerpieces for our Holiday Housewarming Party, after hitting up the big spots, like Bev Mo, HomeGoods & Michaels right as we were leaving, & I was walking back to the car, Jim had just finished up loading the trunk. He turned, hopped back on the shopping cart, feet on the bottom bar, and full speed ahead, rode it back to the front of the store. 

Hair blowing, smile on his face, he zipped past me on my left like a boy left to his own devices, flying. 

I love him so, I thought at that moment.
I love him so, I think now.
confetti portrait
So we are set for our housewarming, after quite an investment in cake platters and serving trays, and Belgium-brewed beer & Dad's rootbeer in vintage pop bottles. Our centerpieces for the table are finalized, with berry branches in galvanized milk jugs, and a simple menu has been put together. 
We are happy.
I am happy.

Though, truth be told, we did have our first argument a few nights ago.
What about, you ask?
The tenets of time travel.


Yep, we are perfect for each other. 
And no, we don't agree upon how time travel would work if time travel were real.




But who cares, because neither of us would go back in time and change a thing.



I did something. 
I have that oft mentioned lace caftan, right? 
Well, honestly, I'm never going to wear it again though I only wore it a handful of times. 
I've outgrown it.
But I love it so. 
So I made into something that will live on for a while.
Happy Holidays. Yes, these are happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment