Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Catsup? Ketchup? Cat Soup?

Kat Moss has many admirers.
So... I've been at my own apartment the past couple days.
You see, I've spent so much time at MMM's in the last month, that I was starting to feel a little guilty leaving Kat Moss alone so much. I mean she's already moody, and from a broken home, so she needs a little extra attention. I mentioned this to MMM, and he invited her to move in with him.
'I don't vant to be alone.'
I laughed and explained that his own cat (who looks more like a twenty five pound feline pot-belly pig) would eat my three pound gamine beauty of a supermodel kat.
That and, hel-lo! Who would snuggle with me when I was staying at my own place??
The exchange freaked me a out a little, it being right on the heels of our first double date with his friends and a breif conversation of exclusivity.
And then he asked my cat to move in?
Whoa whoa whoa.


In other 'News', Goldi and I went for a quick drink with some chips & salsa on the side the other day, and I warned her beforehand that I was in full 'Lady Gear' before we went - black pumps, cream pencil skirt, black turtleneck, skinny belt, low ponytail, newspaper decopage pearl necklace, the whole shebang...
It was such an extreme divergence(?) from my usual faire of cutoffs and neon bras, and of course we ran into a half a dozen of the Ex's friends and other acquaintances.
At first I was only recognized after a double take. It was nice to see them all; that is the nice thing about the Ex's friends, they are always so sweet, and they all came outside for a hug and an introduction to Goldi.
But it felt good for them all to see me SoooooPutTogether, calm and gracious and all manners on a late afternoon sunny patio. I kind of liked the way I was treated, and think I may be incorporating that into my own personal look going forward.
Oh My God, It's Happening. The Cardigans Are Taking Over My Brain.
I'm a Laaaaaaddddyyyy.
I also found a new tumblr I like: Golden Peonies. ChChCheck It.

This weekend, in between nursing a very ill MMM back to health & catching his cold myself, I went to my Flame Haired Favorite's beachside bungalow Bachelorette Party in Laguna. It was such a treat to see one of my favorite people showered with love by all her friends and family, and it gave my an excused to wear one of my favorite sheer maxi shirtdresses like a grande 70's housewife. Before I left, I looked at MMM, lifted my arms in grande gesture and explained that the dress made me want to say things in a syrupy voice like,
'Weelllcome to our Hooome... Your keys go in this bowl, you'll find the drinks in the foyer and the grass is in the den.'
Her wedding is in Palm Springs in a couple of weeks, and it's gonna be Hot Capital H, and I don't know what to wear... So, that's my next: something I need to find a dress for.  



As for the F, I've got him on OkCupid, I'm taking him to Forever 21 for an affordable update to his threadbare wardrobe, and he has agreed to let me find an inexpensive way to decorate his apartment. I'd say 'redecorate', but it was never decorated in the first place...
With just a couple of updates - a plush white duvet cover, drapery, a couple of pieces of framed art, and an inexpensive table and chairs set for his kitchen, and I think that he will enjoy his surroundings more, and be more inclined to put himself out there to meet someone new if he's not ashamed of where he lives. 
We are going for a beachy, surfery vibe, whites and blues and easy. 

So it hasn't been an especially eventful week, nor an especially interesting one, but sometimes that's okay. I have Flame's weeding in a little less than two weeks, I'm seeing MMM tonight and have work for the rest of the week. I'm happy, a little stressed, but in a very good way. I felt a little like the MMM and I were on an accelerated fast track, and I kind of want to just take it down a notch, justalittle. I hadn't seen my friends in a couple weeks (Goldi & Beauty were both out of town for the past two weekends, so what felt like me missing out wasn't, but still) and I just want to remember to have my own space and time for Me. I just can't forget about that, and I have in the past, and it's not a mistake I want to make again. So the pause was not for lack of Like-Liking MMM, just a way of taking some time to get back to 'Me'-dom. To vaccuum my apartment, enjoy my little cafe across the street, give myself a home facial and cuddle with my own kitty.

I just need some ME ME ME time.
Also, if you want to find me on Pinterest here's the link to My Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment