Thursday, December 29, 2011

To Which Goldilocks said, 'This Chair is Juuust Right.'

Goldi & I have a Hummus + Wine date tonight.
But! Our motive is not to gorge ourselves on chickpea delicacies and fine Two Buck Chuck.
We are redecorating her apartment.
(Or, perhaps, just decorating it - as it wasn't really decorated before...) We're on a budget, and trying to be creative; so withoutfurtherado, here is some of the pictures I have collected to get us inspired.
Update: So with a quick trip to our favorite boutique Blue Windows (click here for their facebook page) where we purchased 2 maps (one of Europe & one of Italy) at $4.50 each & a collection of poloroid cards (20 different photos for $15.00) we transformed what used to be a mish mosh living room of Ikea and parental hand-me-downs into a world traveler's refuge, complete with a wine bar.
I love the idea of a bar (even if it's just for wine)
and think that the National Geographics are a
great way to add a pop of color.
Update: This idea was used!
Ended up being a great way to
spruce up an otherwise boring bookshelf.



Eclectic and unorganized yet, reeeeefined.
 (Said with hoity toity accent.)
Update: This was our inspiration for the map idea.

More my style, but I love 'found' objects
paired with books, etc.

This can be replicated so inexpensively! Love!

Can I? Can I? Yes!

(This one's for me!)
I'm a sucker for succulents!

This is so easy it's almost slutty.
Update: Goldi said this 'creeped her out'.

Mirror, mirror on the wall!!!

I gravitate towards yellow like...
Gravity.

Simple.
I would love this for a centerpeice.

I adore the way they hung the pictures.
Thinking this would look pretty with maps as well.
Update: This is how we hung the maps we bought!

Goldi's a bit girlier than I am; thought this was sweet for her.

Again, so fucking easy.

Okay, next I'm sooo doing my house.

Behold! Our Poloroid Garland.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment