Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year of the Patio.

It is the quality of the moment, not the number of days, or events, or of actors, that imports.
+ Ralph Waldo Emerson

As the year end's, and everyonewhoisanyone is doing the 'end of the year' retrospectives I figured I'd join in on the cliche. (Just wait for my 'New Year's Resolutions' post!)

That, and I was at dinner with Goldi & Beauty the other night, our fourth addition - a sweet aquaintance of mine & a friend of their's - asked me what my 'favorite age was'. I couldn't answer the question right then, on that patio in that moment, but with further introspection I'd have to say, much to my surprise, it would be 29.
This was, in my opinion - The Best year of my life. Capital B.
I have a full & vibrant life, with people I love and who love me.

I also have a tendency to not show my face in photos, for reasons both artistic & vain, which is perfect for my little 'pseudo-anonymous' blog (though, I suspect, most of the people who read this know exactly who I am) I have compiled what are representations of some of my favorite moments of the past year.
Wine drunk on patios, running the beach in caftans, girl's dinners, flowers in our hair, lunches and vintage shopping, lazy Sundays with the xx blaring - These are the moments that have come to define my 2011.

My first taste of liberation: Girl's Night.

Patio/Brunch/Typical.
 
the Classy Pact.

Jimmy Rigged: Goldi in Sunlight set to music.

Falling in Love for the Weekend.

My Tiny Town Celebrates.
We celebrate from Rooftops.
Further Proof of my Accent Adoration.

The Real Deal.

Independence Day.

Leaving Planet BIOHF3W

in the City, at the Doctor's.

Bowling: Fail.

Parisian kisses at the Poor Man's Melrose.
Bijou Bijou.
Neighborly adoration on a well worn patio.

Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment