Friday, April 15, 2011

Introduction: Breathe (2AM)

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.

Okay, so its only 10:45 PM and I am not Anna Nalick.
But this is my experiment. My song.
I know my experience is parallel to many. Believe me, I do.
But I have a 'Big Sister Complex' of sorts, and compulsively feel the need to share.

I had a lot I wanted to accomplish tonight. I actually constructed this blog and didn't just cruise Facebook and okCupid all night. I haven't started reading my book (Water for Elephants), nor did I do my toenails, but this was at the top of my list, so Hurrah!  Also - I should probably do my taxes.

So here goes my experiment: This is where Style & Saturn Return meet.
I am constantly inspired and growing and have a long commute home from the shop - lots of time to think.

Sidenote: I only recently learned how to be an adult by my own accord. I'm 29. (Well, I am still learning but doing a fine job of applying what I've learned.) I am single for the first time in my life. I run a beautiful boutique and I am dating. I am online dating.

So here we go. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment