Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pager Code?

My favorite thing to do as a teenager was to page people with other people's (okay, their ex-girlfriend's) phone numbers. Wow.I was really mature. Sorry Chris & Rachel.
I spent 1997 checking my pager, and harrassing others' via theirs.
I guess what I am saying, is 143 me on facebook?
...like my facebook page(errrrrr).  (<- thatwouldbetheLinkrightthere.)
And all this led to a wonderful meditation on my idea of "Cool" (or kewl) circa 1997:

Calvin Klein -- essentially my introduction to "Cool".
Also, why I then wore combat boots with everything.
Ok, not much has changed.
Except now they're called
Motorcycle Boots.

My mother hates me & my sisters'
obssession with these sisters.
(I would too if I was a mother.)

This would also terrify me.
But in '99, I wished I was the uppercrust SMG likesobad.
Party Girl.
Sidenote: This was the 2nd R-Rated Movie
my parents let me rent and watch after my sisters' bedtime.
The First? Empire Records.
Both changed my life.
Also, something I was guilty of in the decade of Dawson's Creek? Making my sister watch Welcome to the Dollhouse the day before she started middle school. I still don't think she has forgiven me.

Sidenote: Yes, I am sad and miss the Dutchman. Actually, I am more of a mess & miss the Dutchman.
IDon'tWantToTalkAboutIt. But, I'm sure you figured that.

No comments:

Post a Comment