Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Saturn's LBD; the Long Black Dress.

So... I met someone.
To which my client responded,
Oh? Wow! Were you wearing The Dress?
Actually, yes. Yes I was.
So... Dramatic black dresses are my absolute favorite Go-To. I love a good  jersey maxi dress - for day and for night. I feel gorgeous in something that is really quite casual yet also makes such an undeniable statement. 
My weakness is anything that shows off my shoulders & back, and moves like ocean waves as I walk.
My favorite memories are usually attached to a single such dress - and for the moment, I am particularly attached to the backless black column I met the Dutchman in.
I am a black dress Dutchman magnet.

I'm a black dress minx.

I am a black dress rebel ballerina.
In a single piece of clothing (and a great pair of shoes and all my jewelry):
I feel beautiful & unstoppable.
So... Thank you LBD.
Thank you Coco Chanel.
Thank you Calvin Klein.
Thank you Rachel Pally.
Thank you Buffalo Exchange.
Thank you Forever21.

Long-Ass Sidenote: I successfully (as did my friends) looked fucking fantastic this holiday weekend. I took this weekend to wear everysinglegoddamn piece of clothing that has been sitting pretty in my closet waiting for that certain special occasion. Buffalo Exchange-scored lace shorts & Louboutin espadrilles, the awesome crochet monokini (which was dubbed 'best bathing suit on the beach' by a fatman we dubbed Carlos but who dubbed me 'Gia' in honor of [inexplicably] Angelina Jolie... obviously there was a lot of dubbing done this weekend), my lace caftan as seen below and a yet-to-be unworn fringe bikini top. Dripping with jewelry, we were walking down the beach when some teenagers coo'd 'Oooh Hippie Girls'. I think we can say... It was a success! 
Favorite fashion moment of the weekend: Me, dancing on the sand  after midnight - post- running with the grunions & swimming in phosphorous algae - wearing the crochet bathing suit and a friend's structured sports coat. God knows I probably looked like a weirdo, but I felt very free. And I like the mix of uber bohemian and structure. Very R.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment