Saturday, August 13, 2011

Planet BIOHF3W

When my Ex and I met Liam Gallagher, from the band Oasis, he looked over to us, while mixing his own screwdriver from behind the bar, and said,
I'm in another galaxy, mates.*
* Yeah, call me a namedropper. Whatever.
Right now, I couldn't say it better myself. Okay, perhaps not another galaxy, but I've apparently left Saturn and have taken up residence with the Dutchman on the Planet Boyfriend-Is-Only-Here-For-3-Weeks.
But to be honest, I just wish I was in an alternate universe. An alternate universe where the Netherlands are located just North of like Calabasas. Hell, I'd take just North of California, or at the very least onthesamefuckingcontinent as my tiny town. Is that really too much to ask? Apparently so. Damn you Pangea! Needless to say, his visit is going well. Very Well. We're just past the halfway mark - he's here for roughly 9 more days. The past week and a half, he and I have been in our very own galaxy; when we are together, I feel as though the atmosphere around us is heavier, somehow charged. When we meet eyes from across the table, or patio, or dear friends' backyard, I feel enveloped by the air between us - I know I sound like a cast off contestant from the Bachelor right now, but it feels like an electrical current runs between us. (Can you imagine if the producers forbid the bimbos contestants to use the words 'connection' or 'spark' - the whole show would just be dead air.) I honestly do not know what to do; what we are going to do. I have no doubt in my mind, and he has said the same, that if this wasn't some transAtlantic long distance love affair, that if he was here or I was there, this would probably be It. But it is a transAtlanticlongfuckingdistanceacrosstheworld relationship and there are so many other factors involved; I am terrified still, but for other reasons now.

Also orbiting Planet BIOHF3W:
Every pretty dress in my closet.
All these panicked thoughts have taken up orbit in my brain: He has his whole life there, and I have mine here. I don't speak the language there, I would feel so isolated. Is it possible for me to maintain a monogamous relationship with someone who lives across an ocean. He speaks of moving here, is that really fair to him? At what point do I go, "I'd do anything for love" while still mantaining some semblance of common sense? Should we do anything for love? What if I'm wrong about everything? What am I going to do once he leaves? When is he coming back? When am I going there? How will I afford it? You get the picture... Round & round they go. When they'll stop, I don't know. It gets even more looming sometimes; goes into "If I don't go for it (or if I sabotage it) will I regret it for the rest of my life...?" territory more often than I would like to admit.
So the visit's going great. Thatsonethingforsure.
Now, I just have to call my friends more. Living on Planet BIOHF3W has made my phone calling skills a little weak. (Something that I maintain would not be the case if he lived just North of Calabasas, but Goldi does not seem to agree. I do not agree with her disagreement.) We have been quite social though; he's met most of my friends other than Honey and her Honey & really has hit it off well with everyone. Went on my first double date in a long time. We have planned a big international picnic (Aussies! Dutchman! California kids!) on the beach tomorrow, then we're off to Vegas for a couple days. No, no not what you're thinking.

The atmosphere on Planet BIOHF3W certainly is a whirlwind one.
There's also a lot of food on BIOHF3W.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
(As I've temporarily turned into a "I feel so fat" girl, to my own annoyance & to others' as well, I imagine.)

Sidenotes: I got a random text from B---- last night (late last night) saying that he missed me. Unexpected with Capital U. Goldi's going on a date with a Doctor tonight & Beauty has been spotted with someone new. (I vaguely recall of a chorus of us - the Ducthman included - doing some version of "We Likey! We Likey!" at a bar the other night to her in mass approval.)

No comments:

Post a Comment