Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The H Word.

When I was little, I remember writing a book for my kindergarten class entitled, 'Happiness Is...' 
Well, today, I kind of feel like writing the same book. 
(Though, in this one I will not lie and say that Happiness is... Milking cows on my Grandma's farm. Because, for one, my grandma didn't have a farm nor did I ever milk any cows on it. My parents must have thought I was the weirdest little child liar.)
Anyhow, Happiness is definitely receiving a wedding invitation in the mail today. 
Happiness is definitely laying all day in bed - white linens and all - at a very nice hotel on a rainy day after being told that on that day, I could have whatever I wanted. (Which was apparently room service, CPK & endless movies on TBS.)
(This is not a lie. This is called Sunday.
Happiness is having friends for the first time in my life who know me well enough to call me out on the hard stuff. And the easy stuff too.
Happiness is MY BIRTHDAY PARTY IS THIS WEEKEND!
And my sister & friends from close and far are all coming!
Happiness is never, ever, having to milk a cow.
Happiness is being reminded of my own strengths and skills.
Happiness is a leather dress or silk bike shorts.
Happiness is scoring a pair of floral jeans for $19 (they are so in for Spring dontchaknow?) and wearing them on a day when I run into everyone I know, and I'm the first one to have worn them on the the third day of Spring.
Happiness is the big things, the small things, the wise things and learning from the stupid things.
Happiness is that I was smart enough to plan on celebrating turning thirty when I am still twenty nine.
Happiness is Draw Something.
Happiness is a perfect day with  my best friend, after a couple weeks of distance and weirdness. 
Happiness is actually having good news in a phone call to my mom.
Happiness is having shit the put on this list.

Happiness is all in the answer to the question, 'Do you feel like you learned a lot today?' when my answer is,
'Yes. But what I really feel like I learned is that I know more than I thought I did.'

No comments:

Post a Comment