Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Malibu Bad Ass.

A good friend can talk you off any ledge, 
even if its just a sidewalk's. 


Soooo... I accidentally stumbled across some ancient facebook fodder on an old picture, between my boyfriend and his ex. It was a surprise, to see this mystery woman's face for the first time, and to get tangible (or at least, sort of tangible) evidence of what I already knew was, at some point,real.
So a little shaken and a lot in need of someone to remind me that it is just an old (old old) post on the 'book, I rang my Malibu (by way of Long Beach and sometimes Denver) Bad Ass.
Hi. What are you doing?
Uuuuhhh... Watching Gossip Girl.
Oh... Well, I came across ---yaddayadda--- and need you to remind me that it's nothing, over a year old and that Jim loves me.
And without skipping a beat, she replied,
It's nothing. Its over a year old. And Jim loves you. Jeez. The man can't keep his eyes off you. If he wanted to be with her, he would. But he doesn't. He's with you. Stop looking at it.

And just like that, I felt better. 
And just like that, the conversation veered away from shaken, and towards scored Michael Kors booties and photo shoots. 
Not that I was worried or anything, I was just... Surprised.
Funny, what I took away from the entire half an hour, was less about running into uninvited words and more about how good it feels to have Good Friends. 








So, off the ledge of that sidewalk I walked, and instead hopped into the shower to restart my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment