Monday, November 21, 2011

Rise & Shine.

She is 'reflecting' on what she is thankful for.
Either that or she's just kind of confused.
Not sure.

Well, I'm up early.

Three days until Thanksgiving, and I'll be honest - I have a lot to be thankful for. When I say 'a lot', I'm not talking about my collection of shoes, or the two dozen skinny jeans folded into my drawers.
Because that would make me really shallow and materialistic.
The implied is - quite obviously - a lot of people I am thankful for.

For someone who, one year ago, really had no friends* (I know right?) - I now have more friends than I probably deserve. And not only that, the caliber of women that I have been lucky enough to surround myself with this year is really quite impressive.
*by 'no' I mean like 4.
So, I guess what I am saying is...

Thanks, guys. Capital T.
(You make me feel popular.)

Sidenotes: A girlfriend asked me recently if I still speak to my Dutchman. I don't really, but I think about him often. Her response stuck with me though, because she's so right.
She whispered back,
Yeah, you'll die with that one.
And I will. I had that summer. I had that man, albeit so briefly. And my heart aches typing this, still.

1 comment: