Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Moving On To Rocksteady?

Instead of laundry, I go shopping.
Scored a Spring 2012 Rebecca Taylor denim dress for $28 this afternoon.
Oops.
I may hate jeans, but I don't hate denim.

I've also been religiously following New York Fashion Week for Fall 2012, & I am pleased to say that I now feel 100% about my leather dress purchase.
I feel not so great about what Marc Jacobs wants us wearing for Fall, but honestly, I never like Marc Jacobs.

Also, I don't know if you have noticed, but the level of uninspiration o'er here on Saturn is... Palpable.
(Who am I kidding, of course you've noticed.)
I'm going to start work on a new project, I think.
I'll keep you updated... I mean, the reality is - I think my Saturn's Return (if you don't know what that is, here's the Wikipedia link: What Is Saturn's Return? It's not just a No Doubt album), well - I think my Saturn's Return has kind of come to an end. You know, when I started this, I was just realizing that the pillars that I built my life upon up until 28 were pretty fucking un-sturdy, and I have spent the last 1 1/2 years rebuilding - and, I've done a pretty good job at that. So, in terms of being a 'Grown Up' and all that, I have finally started to feel like one. I make pretty damn good choices, I'm not reckless, my sense of autonomy and self worth are pretty high. I had a thought the other day, in the car, and as simple of a thought as it was, it was worth it's weight in gold: 'I Like Me.'
So not only do I think I am entering my thirties in a good place, feeling as though I am at the tail end of Saturn's Return, I'm also not dating. And let's be real, that was the best part of this project. Maybe it's just Winter, maybe it's just hibernation, and come Summer we'll being running around tickling eachother in hot tubs with peacock feather's like it's 1982 in Marin County and I'll have tons to write about, but right now... Being happy with me & unemployed, - the only excitement for my blog is what designer whatever I scored for under thirty bucks.
I may still be Stubborn & Clever, but I'm not Single, Dating or even a Shopgirl right now...
I'm not saying I'm going to stop blogging, or end this site, I'm just thinking I need a new direction, a new project... I don't know. Anyhow - Here's some things I've really liked on the web recently...
Alice + Olivia, Fall 2012

Also Alice + Olivia.
Apparently I'm a Magpie...
If it sparkles - I'm there.

The BAFTA's



Herve Leger, Fall 2012
Really though, I should have stuck with the Accents. Dammnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment