Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bee Bop. Blog.

Variations of this look
have been my staple for
2012.
I adore Garance Dore; her illlustrations are what my on-the-phone-doodles wish they were. And her photos and her eye for streetstyle... Well, yeah. Love those too.
Woke up to this on Garance Dore's blog this morning: 
'Look Book.'
Who doesn't related to this?
It really resonated with me & now I kind of want to write my own.
(And, to be honest, I probably will.)
Mine would definitely include me at 13 devouring the new, polished and shiny Courtney Love in Vanity Fair's June editorial.  Or the debut of Gwen Stefani a couple years later. Or the Olsen twins after they graduated from teeny bopper videos to undergrad 'Homeless Chic'. Personal style is so ever-changing, it's crazy - think of my preteen obsessions of Courtney Love & Gwen Stefani, for instance, that that's always been one of the reasons I've never gotten a tattoo. I joke, 'I hate what I was wearing three months ago, let alone three years ago - how can I believe that I wouldn't feel the same about a permanent mark on my body?' 
Though to be fair, I don't hate what I wearing three months ago. Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment