Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heartchu!!! Gesundheit!

Not lacking in that department.

Single or not, Apt F or not, all that or not, I think Valentine's Day is nice; I've never been a huge fan nor have I been a huge hater. You might say, it's the only VD I'm indifferent about.* 
*That made me laugh outloud.
Last year, I spent it watching Gossip Girl at a girlfriend's house, drinking wine and... Gossiping. I had (infamously) broke up with the Ex two days prior, and couldn't have been happier about being single.
And though, this year, I do have a 'Boyfriend', I'm not a huge fan of the whole hoopla surrounding the day. Maybe this is because, though I love my relationship with him (I do, I have actually called it my 'healthiest relationship ever' - the honesty, the communication, the trust built upon both) when a day like Valentine's has too much pressure surrounding it, I tend to rebel. Pick a fight or get pissed. So, I like very little hoopla, thankyouverymuch.
Though, I will admit- trying to buy a card for him was difficult. I got to the card section at my favorite gift shop where the buyer had smartly chosen not just the cards of the 'I love you as infinite as the ocean, our souls will never break' variety; but, to be honest, as I've grown up (and into a pretty cut & dry relationship, not as bad as it sounds), I'm just not that mushy. Don't get me wrong, I'm a total romantic, but more so in an actions speaking louder than words sort of way. I think. Anyhow, all of the cards where either not enough ('I Like You') or too much ('I'll Love You Always') - Geez, I'm like Goldilocks over here - but I finally settled on a non-Valentines specific: 'You Make Me Smile' that was blank on the inside.
And there I wrote:
often.
daily.
hourly.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Love, Me. 
And, I addressed it to: The Handsome Guy in Apt F. 
He's making dinner tonight, and we're going out tomorrow night.
I bought us champagne and a little 4 piece chocolate See's Candy box for my other neighbor, the old man who lives right next door by himself.
I think it'll be nice.

And! I just got a call from my interview yesterday! They want me to come in for a second round! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment