Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Neon Lights From the Rooftop? Pass.

I'm sorry. So how many times can I expect you to use the word 'burrito' while we're sitting here?  
Bijou finally asked, exasperated.
I paused, gave it thought and responded,
Um, probably about four. Plus or minus. 

Funny thing, I ordered the quesadilla for dinner.
My blog is boring. I am boring. Well, no, that's not true (yesitis). 
But between finding work, working, that Goddamn boyfriend of mine that I passively question my intentions over aaaand............. finding work,
I'm too overwhelmed for introspection - for inspiration.
I am not doing any personal 'looking within' shit, because quite honestly, I am content with Me. And I am working so hard at being forward moving, that I don't have time to lollygag and think about this and that. 
Because most of the things I used to kick myself over, those things are no longer part of my repertoire. 
Most of my goals from the last year, though I may have been months behind actualizing them, have been - for the most part -actualized. 
When Bij said I should focus then on the fashion aspect, I responded with,
I'm too busy to focus on the Spring trends. And shit! I never pay attention to those things... Fashion is fucking like osmosis to me, I don't follow the trends* I just do what I want, what's out there. Same with you.
And she laughed agreed and said,
Yeah, well, that and neon is In every Spring.
*Okay, perhaps we didn't say it quite so vulgar. Or succinctly.
But you get the picture.
And, I swear, its not that I think I'm the trendiest girl out there, I'm just oblivious & had the luxury of having trends handed to me from being a shopgirl for half a decade.
I mean, I could be totally out of style & I'd be equally as oblivious.
You know when, in High School, you showed up at a dance
wearing the same dress an a friend,
& you would impose a '20 feet away from one another'
 rule in hopes of no one noticing?
These... girls... should... revisit.... that.... rule... Yeeeah.
Bij then said to focus on Me, the innerworkings of me, but the reality is - I'm good. I'm just trying to hustle these days. I'm hustla' babyyy. And, surprisingly, I'm doing an okay job of it. But it makes for a booooring blog. The excitement of the past year is... Gone. But not in a bad way... But seriously, writing this, I feel like that song from High School, yodeling,
*Dutchman?
*Aussie?
*Spark?
*Excitement?
Yes, I'm bored.
Yes, I'm less stressed than I have been in years, and I am... I am doing just Fine. Capital F.
Yes, I made a big deal about a burrito last night. (Yes, it was totally justified.)
And yes, I'm taken with some really really bad music lately - Lana Del Rey, anyone? 


But I haven't the energy to sit here and waaa waa waaa 
that the grass is always greener on the boy-front(lawn).

From what I can see, from my limited and narcissy vantage point, is that right now that I'm basically a somewhat muted version of what I've been screaming from the rooftops this past year: 
I want happiness! 
I want my friends to have happiness! 
I want to be Loved! 
I Love my friends! 
Neon is in for Spring!  And... Snakeskin?
Or was that last year?
I don't know. I haven't been paying attention.
Or, most recently... Don't eat that fucking burrito before our fucking popcorn!
I just don't have time to scream it from the rooftops these days.
But, so there you have it: Neon is in for Spring. Trendfuckingreport 2012.
Nothing muted about that.
And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Sidenote: Burrito = +/- 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment