Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Perks Of (Not) Being a Wallflower.

Its funny, since last summer, my style has become less Rebel Ballerina and a little more Rebel Ralph Lauren. And I have spent the last couple months collecting pieces that have less of a 'Ballerina from the Wrong Side of the Tracks' vibe, and more of a 'Downtown Americana' feel... Leather pencil skirt dress, silk bike shorts, nautical neo-vintage Rozae Nichols, everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) paired with a denim shirt and my equestrian boots.
I have even denounced jeans for the most part - keeping only a few pairs: high waisted JBrand skinnies, high waisted Seven flares, a white pair and a floral pair. (Though I do have my eye on a neon pink pair from Current/Elliott as well). That and everything I wear, jeans included, is high waisted - which has sparked more than one boy I know to say something about how his 'mom wears jeans like that'. 
But I don't care, because they make me look leggy.
In organizing my closet yesterday, I realized that I have spent the last three months of unemployment collecting 'costumes'. 
I mean, really... 
What better way to distract myself from the humdrum than relishing in pieces that are anything but?
I'm ready for Spring dressing. And/or pantsuits.

This was on the Sartorialist on my birthday.
And I loved it.

I'm obsessed with Blazers right now. I just love how Easy this is.
Capital E.

Even blurry, Tilda is amazing.

I can't decide if I like this editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment