Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Damn You, Cruise Control.

You know that feeling you get when driving, where you look around -  and BOOM! you are suddenly aware of your surroundings and you think to yourself, How the fuck did I get here?!
When you know you've been going through the motions of driving, you've known your destination, but you have been so stuckinyourownhead have no real recollection the actual drive itself?
That's me, at 3 pm yesterday - Being visited by a client/soulsisterofsorts I hadn't seen for awhile after being asked, So, what've you been up to?
I paused. I had no answer.
At 3 pm yesterday, I looked around & BOOM. How the fuck did I get here?
I have been going through motions these past weeks, taking them for granted almost - without actually taking them in.

f cruise control.
I'm hoofing it.
Heartbreak aside; in the past few weeks - I have been surrounded by & contacted by almost every one of my favorite people in the world. I have reconnected & rekindled friendships with some of my absolute favorites; I have a support system of girlfriends I didn't have to grovel for - They were (and are) simply there. Yet I was on such autopilot that I barely noticed. This is not the post-break up grasping at straws; the  desperate someonepleasehangoutwithme!!!  This is simply a realization that I have good people. And I had been so stuckinmyownhead to take note. I am suddenly aware of my surroundings; and I am surrounded by awesome. Okay, so maybe I do know one thing. Nowyatellme.

So, I guess what I am saying is, I need to remember to Be Here Now. That's my new mantra.

On all sides.
 
Insert: Clever Comment re: Time. K Thanks.
 (Breakfast at Tiffany's)

Can I Be Her Now? (Rochas)
 Sidenotes: Nah, I got none. I haven't been really paying attention. Shit.

Note to self: Stop being so self-absorbed. Be here now. Be here now.
You mean to say....
It's not just all about me me me?!
Fuuuuck.
Kk, Got it.


No comments:

Post a Comment