Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School & Back to Saturn.

I woke up this morning and something was different.
Perhaps... perhaps it's the arrival of September. Like a muscle memory from childhood; back to school time, the prospect of a whole new year ahead filled with endless possibilities - the new school supplies, new school clothes. The trying to look effortless in an outfit clearly planned a week in advance.
The thoughts of, Maybe, just maybe this year will be My Year...
Yes! Yes! Yessss!
I'll have what she's having.
So this morning, I got up and my skin was clear. I was light on my feet. I felt the whole day stretched out ahead of me with nothing to do, but I did not dread it - I was looking forward to it. I got in the shower, got dressed, blew dry my hair & lo & behold! Good hair day! My apartment needed cleaning, but not too much cleaning. I went into town, and found designer jeans, never been worn, in my size on sale for $20.
It's 80 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky.
I'm not sure if it was a much needed dinner with Goldi last night, the fun of spoiling ourselves with a bottle of pinot grigio and rockstar treatment at the restaurant or what, but I feel a little bit like I'm back.
I'm back bitches - back to school, no - but back to Saturn, back to Me & I am ready for Fall.
Summer was... Lipstick Summer was wild and crazy and romantic and wonderful. It was the best summer I can remember. But I'm ready for the leaves to change.
Fall of Cozy Cable Knits.

Fall for H&M.
The Dutchman once said, of his type & of me:
I love your classic face.
You look like and H&M girl.
Now, I want skinny jeans and leather jackets. I want fur vests and new boots. I want Seventies Revival and I want clean & classic. I want it to get dark earlier. I want to change up my make up. I want maxi dressed and jackets. I want to wear white jeans in the middle of a rainstorm &Iwillgodammnit, and cozy up on my girlfriends' couches drinking red wine while pretending to care about what is flickering on the television.
I want Halloween, & I want heat lamps on the patio.
I may be a Summer Girl at heart, but I am ready to celebrate all that is Autumnal.
Fall of Redecorating Goldi's apartment.
Fall of too much mascara.
NoSeriously,ThatsMyPlan.

I'll take this in any season thankyouverymuch.

Fall of mixing prints like I mix metaphors.


I want this to be the Fall of Flowers in our Hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment