Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blue. Boo! Not Today, Too.

Okay, so yesterday, after a raucous & whirlwind (and 1/2 wonderful & 1/2 notsomuch) weekend I woke up to the rain. And to - well, a rainy day where I wasn't motivated to do anything productive other than a couple drop off's for my store. The pitter patter of the rain made me feel a littlebit pitiful, a little Blue, but today! Today is different! I hadn't even gotten out of bed at this time yesterday; but today, today I have already sent out follow up emails, paid a bill (on time!) and checked all of my inspiration blogs. 
But... Today! Today I'm going to get shit done. 
I've already left a message for my girlfriend who I (selfishly) flaked on this weekend and am waiting for a call back, when she's ready, so I can apologize to something other than her voice mail. I finally checked the twenty or so dresses that Bijou sent me as inspiration for my birthday (OMG she's gooooooood) and am going to hop in the shower & will actually blow dry my hair and put on something other than Rebel Yell sweatpants & Uggs for the day. I have made a list of to-do's, gotten cash out so that I actually do laundry and am trekking over to Buffalo Exchange just Because.
I will not let a day of the Blues get me again; instead I choose to be inspired. 
Choose to be proactive. And positive.
I choose to be inspired by Blues.







And yes, this probably means that for the umteenth time in the past month I'll be wearing my Current/Elliot denim shirt. It is blue, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment