Saturday, July 2, 2011

We're Gonna Look So Weird!



Such a Weird Gypsy.
(Really, I have just been looking for
 an excuse to use this picture.)
Love.
So, Goldi and I have been jokingly referring to our combined styles as So Weird lately... layered & bohemian, "dripping in jewelry" (as you can never have enough on), effortlessly uncontrived & gypsy-esque*. (*um, we hope.)

Not a total exaggeration.
Keep me away from puddles.
















Tearing a (web)page out of the Planet Blue site, inspired by lines like Nightcap, Jen's Pirate Booty & the buyers and designers I know from work, we're trying to do a more Venice Beach vibe than our own (slightly) low rent beach town -  so we've been parading around town in flowy maxi dresses, floral shift dresses and so much jewelry Godsaveus if we fall into a deep body of water - we'd sink.  Goldi was on a "date" last Saturday, if you could call walking around and talking for five hours a date (I call it a movie starring Ethan Hawk & Julia Delpy, but maybe that's just me) and one of her exboyfriends apparently drove by and saw her.
He asked about it later (they're still good friends),
He: Hey - where you on a date last Saturday?
G: (cringe) Yeah, why?
He: Well, I don't know --- you looked very bohemian.
G: (silently)Yesssssssssssss
So, as opposed to making actual plans for the Fourth, as always, I am more concerned with what I'm going to wear. Last year, I saved the most fantastic bathing suit for what ended up being a poor excuse for a holiday... This year, I am determined to 1.) look fucking fantastic and 2.) look fucking fantastic while looking fantastic. We'll see. But I have some weird options and inspirations...


I want to be this girl, in this dress.
I just don't think I am weird enough.
 
I have this. I have only worn it twice - once was Halloween.
But I love it.  So, this is an option as well.

I would do this with a fringe bikini
and no denim jacket.
Or Duckface.

Aforementioned AWESOME bathing suit
from last year.
Mine's black.
I'd do this with a maxi skirt too.
A lot of this has been sitting in my closet, waiting to be worn. Most of it I bought when I was with my ex, but it wasn't to his taste so I never had the confidence to wear it. (He was more of a neons & surf brand kind of guy - always wanting my to just wear shorts and like a Roxy bathing suit because "that's what everyone will be wearing." He has "questionable" - lets call it - taste.)
I never want to be wearing what everybody else is wearing.
You might say I like to stand out in a crowd.
So I'm trying to figure out what to wear... I have some options, and two days of carousing to dress for. 

Decisions! Decisions!

Sidenote: The Dutchman has officially booked his ticket to California. And is threatening to steal me away to Holland when he leaves. I have already realized that saying good bye to him will probably be a very hard day. Also, I am considering renewing my passport.

Sidesidenote: Do not ever watch Prozac Nation, no matter how much you love Michelle Williams and pine after Johnathon Rhys-Meyers. Its depressing. No pun intended. (Ok, maybe a a little.)



No comments:

Post a Comment