Monday, October 31, 2011

I'll Take Some Cheesecake With My Whine As Well.


Sometimes when I reread my writing,
I get seriously annoyed with how totally black & white I am.

I'm either tightly holding back or barely hanging on.
I'm either flippantly annoyed or eternally grateful.
I'm either screaming from the rafters, I don't eeeeeven want a boyfriend!
or I'm warbling, Why don't I have a boyfriend?
I'm one half Wild Child and the other half Smug Princess.
I'm either the Center of Attention or pouting because No Body Loves Me.
I drink cheap ass wine at home but double digit by the glass on a dinner date.

I want my Cake, my fucking marzipan frosted triple tiered Cake, but then a day later I'm reminding you that I don't even like Cake, let alone wanting to eat it too.*
*Obviously a metaphor as I actually love Cake.
See!!!!????
I am Happy or I am Sad.
I am Compassionate & I am Selfish.
I am a mishmosh of contradictions eloquently written into a cohesive sentence.
I am Special and Unique yet I am Just Like Everyone Else... Right?!?
I'm afraid to ask... Will I ever just settle into a comfortable grey area?

Probably not. But I figured I'd ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment