Friday, October 21, 2011

Saturn is Not a Lonely Planet.



from the sartorialist.
 
Language has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone.
And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone.
-Paul Tillich (German theologian & philosopher.)
I think I have finally learned how to enjoy solitude. It helps to have something to look forward to later in the day or week, don't get me wrong, but I have come to really enjoy putzing around allbymyself.
Ordering Hawaiian pizza, just because I can.
Being in control of washing my own dishes on my own time & in charge of my own remote control.
I like being with myself; just me, my thoughts, & old 90210 reruns.
You may say that language has created another word for it - Contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment